I have stumbled upon WordPress’s Blogging University this evening and I must tell you that I was quite excited to enrol myself in one of their (FREE!) courses. Why not? I do love to type and write about things. I used to write short stories as a kid and long before the confusing years of High School I wanted to be a writer. A writer of anything. I love words, I love typography, I am a full fledged english nerd (who sucks at grammar from time to time).
Though I posses the pizzaz to write, I lack in nailing down what I actually want to write about. Not because I have nothing to say, quite the opposite, I have SO MUCH to say about SO MANY things. Thankful I am, complaining I am not 😉
Anyways, my objective here is to come up with (and in my mind commit to) 3 goals for my blog. This, though it seems obvious, never really occurred to me. To set ACTUAL goals for my blog and (attempt) to achieve them… Here it goes.
- the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end.
- the terminal point in a race.
- a pole, line, or other marker by which such a point is indicated.
… there are more definitions but their mostly sports related.
I started blogging to reach out to those with the same interests and struggles as myself. I ultimately want to aid in the fight against the stigma surrounding mental health and mental health issues. I would love to post daily, maybe even carve a career out for myself. I would like to gain more followers, perhaps make some blogger friends. I would just love to be able to type about something relevant that I feel passionate about. I would want to work all day and night just out of the sheer passion I have for it all. Ok. So. ACTUAL GOALS. Here they are;
- to blog daily for the next 10+ days (at LEAST 10, if I go for more – awesome!).
- to establish a weekly feature which we will call “THERAPY THURSDAY” documenting the remainder of this therapy journey I am on.
- to finish every assignment given to me in this course and then take another one.
Hey now, that was not too bad. I have impressed myself and I am really happy with my 3 goals. I think they are do-able.
What do I have to lose? Nothing. What do I have to gain? Everything.